Pages

Friday, April 29, 2011

Colorful Creations

!!PAINT!!
One of the things that my children love to do is paint. And I kinda like it too. I just throw on them a painting smock or one of my old t-shirts and let them go crazy. Perfect craft for any day, in any type of weather. It was a little confusing the first time for A though. The picture in the middle captures her expression: annoyance. As if she is saying, "why put me in a high chair with this stuff and then say I can't eat it??? What a waste smearing it all over this paper." But she caught on. Now she loves it. Especially getting to use paint brushes. There is something so fun about using a paint brush. Instead of just crazy hodgepodge, B is beginning to paint and draw pictures. He was given a small dump truck canvas to paint from Grandma Lorene and he actually painted in the lines! Yellow truck, brown wheels. I was so impressed. He continued to paint the border and of course every dump truck needs a load of dirt. So it got a little crazy but a year ago it would have just been a big blob of paint. Now it has a story. It's amazing how fast they grow and learn. And how much fun it is to be along for the ride.

No comments: