Pages

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Chicken and Dumplings

I love easy go to recipes and this is definitely one in my book. If you have some basics on hand it's easy to throw together when you don't have much energy to prepare something elaborate. Plus I'm kind of a huge fan of biscuits. So... ya...

Ingredients:
Butter or oil
garlic and or onion
carrots
celery
flour
chicken stock
chicken
bisquick & milk

Coat large pot with oil or butter. Sauté the onion and garlic a few minutes. Add chopped carrots and celery. Sauté another few minutes. Add enough flour to start a roux. (about 2T-1/4C) Stir in a let bubble for a bit. Add stock and chicken and boil till chicken is cooked. Meanwhile mix bisquick with milk till moistened. Shred or chop chicken and return to pot. Drop in scoops of bisquick, cover and simmer till biscuits are done. (maybe 5-10. I don't know, I wasn't really paying attention. he he) You can top with parsley. You can also add seasonings when sauteing the veggies: parsley, oregano, thyme, basil... whatever you like. Salt and pepper to taste.





I didn't have celery or onion when I made it last night but that's the marvelous thing about cooking. You can improv with what you have. That's how I came up with this recipe in the first place. :) Happy Cooking!

1 comment:

Natalia Lynn said...

Hey Teresa! So cool you started a blog! I have a personal one and I started one just for me! For crafts and fashion and girly things, it is soooo fun! Welcome to the bloggy world!