Pages

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Pizza Pizza!

Well we were at that point where there was not much left in the fridge.... at all. I thought about making pizza. We had crust ingredients: check, mozzarella cheese: check, pizza sauce: ummm... no. But we had tomatoes. Then I thought, who needs pizza sauce?!? I whipped up the most delicious, easy pizza dough recipe. Brushed on some Extra Virgin Olive Oil, spread a bit of minced garlic. Topped with sliced tomatoes, some dried basil (fresh would have been awesome if I had it), and mozzarella. Crack some fresh pepper and salt. And bake.

And then... light bulb! What do you do with bread at Italian restaurants? Dip in EVOO and Balsamic Vinegar of course! Why not dip my pizza? So it's like a caprese salad/pizza/italian dipping bread. I know, genius, right? ;) just kiddin'. But really, it was pretty yummy.

1 comment:

Ashley arevalo said...

Looks good!