Pages

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Crock Pot Chicken Tacos

One of my favorite ways to cook is with the crock pot! There's something about getting dinner started at 9am. Today I am doing chicken tacos with homemade taco sauce. I just googled a recipe (like I do) and this is the one I use:


Right now, so as not to hurt T's tummy, I omit the onion. And for B and myself I omit the ground red pepper. If you've seen A eat Tapatio you know she could probably handle it. he he.

This is a great way to stretch your chicken as well. I am using only one frozen chicken breast. Pour the sauce over the top. Add 1 green pepper, chopped. Cook on low 6-8 hours. Till done. Then Shred the chicken and return to crock pot. Serve with whole wheat tortillas, shredded lettuce, cheese, diced tomatoes, sour cream, guacamole, rice and beans.... whatever you want, really.

Here's a picture of mine right now. Minus the bell pepper because I didn't have one. :(

We returned home from the park/Costco outing and as I am hauling in the goods I am attacked by the most ferocious dinosaur I've ever seen! he he... But dinner smelled great!

I was a little low on toppings but they were still yummy. After i assembled them I realized I should have put the chicken on top. Maybe next time I make it I'll update the finished product picture.
But delicious all the same!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yummmyyyy. thanks for sharing. maybe I should get a crock pot!~