Pages

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Projects that Pamper

I try to be as resourceful as I can. One of the ways I do is in making gifts. Almost everyone knows how it is to be a young poor family. But I love to give. So christmas time can be a little tricky. A few years ago I was blessed with an abundance of yarn so that year everyone got scarves. The next year I went on a baking spree and each family got a Christmas tin of goodies. Last year I received an email titled "48 Gifts in a Jar" and I was inspired! Guess what everyone got for Christmas. ;)

The men and kids received Hot Cocoa jars.
I accidentally deleted the picture of the ones I made but this is similar.
I tied mini candy canes to the rim instead of crushing them inside.
 I found the recipe (and picture) here.

 The ladies received a combo of different sugar scrubs, bath salts, and bath soaks.
Orange Lemon Sugar Scrub

The Orange Lemon Sugar Scrub was my favorite recipe of the ladies' gifts. It is super easy and turned out really nice. As with anything, presentation is key, so with some handmade tags and pretty ribbon these were a real winner. I found the recipe here and then added some drops of Orange Essential oil as well. 

Some of the other recipe's I tried were:

Gifts don't need to be expensive so next time you need one, try whipping up one of these! You probably already have the ingredients in you pantry. And if you begin to save you glass spaghetti sauce jars, peanut butter jars, etc. then you save even more! Or if you prefer you may purchase one from me. :) They are great for Mother's Day, birthdays, valentine's day, christmas, shower prizes. The possibilities are endless! 

1 comment:

Beka Oakley said...

did you give bath salts to Josie? I think she has some that sound like that on her guest bathroom counter, and they smell so good!