Pages

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Holiday Bootie Buster Challenge 2011



Well I have recently been trying to incorporate more exercise into my life. Since I haven't really "worked out" since before B (about 5years) I've been taking it slow. A friend and I decided to be encouragement buddies and aim at just getting in something every day. Even if it was just 3 minutes of step ups on our bottom stair or a quick 15 sit ups, push ups, lunges & back extensions; we wanted to begin a habit of exercise. Then we got a new stroller! A double jogger. (*hallelujah chorus*) So I have been taking the kids on walks at Lake Murray. The girls ride in the stroller and B rides his bike. (He does so great. He amazes me.) Our route is just under three miles. It's great exercise and being outdoors is so therapeutic. As any mom could tell you, staying home all day with three kids can get a bit trying on the nerves and it doesn't take long for cabin fever to set in. We just like each other better when we're out and about... and have ducks to chase and sticks to throw and snacks to munch on.

So it has felt great all around to get more active. Then a friend of mine sent me a link for the Holiday Bootie Buster Challenge 2011. A competition to stay active and eat healthy over the holidays. It begins this Saturday, November 19th and runs until January 6th. I'm kind of excited... I've never been good about doing these kinds of things on my own but it helps that Sean is in a weight loss challenge of his own right now too (which he is killing by the way). So we can work towards our goal of getting healthy together; not to mention being an example to our children on how they can live healthy lives, and enjoy doing so.

Let's get to it!

No comments: