Pages

Monday, November 14, 2011

Dishes

So there were a lot of dishes today... there are a lot of dishes a lot of the time now that we live in an apartment void of dishwasher. And I REEEEEEALLY wanted to complain about it. I - do - not - like - dishes... but I have to stop myself because, at the same time, they are a great reminder of all that I have to be thankful for.

Tupperware: we have been blessed food enough to have leftovers.
Cooling Rack: eating fresh baked cookies with my family
Baby Bottle: My sweet baby girl who is perfectly healthy.
Coffee Cup: Coffee... no explanation necessary.
Sippie Cups: Two amazing children who make my days colorful and my life brighter.
My Favorite Pasta Bowl: My awesome mama who I got them from.
The New Coffee Pot: My beautiful sister who bought it for me when my old one shattered.
Baby Food Jars: WIC - one of the means the Lord has used to provide hundreds and hundreds of dollars worth of food for our family.
Padre Hat Bowls: Fun family trips to go see the Padres play at Petco Park and eat ice cream and watch A give herself brain freeze over and over... Priceless.

I am beyond blessed with more than I could ask for and way more than I deserve. 
Although it feels like the dishes will never end, so I know that His mercies on me will never end. And He forgives my ungrateful heart every time I look upon those dishes with contempt. And He allows me to rebel inside like a child, then gently tugs and guides my heart in the right direction, reminding me of what those dishes represent. So I repent and say: 

Thank you Lord for my beautiful family, a warm home, running water, food, coffee, a wonderful, merciful, holy savior...
and dishes. 

1 comment:

Beka Oakley said...

awesome way to look at things T. I always try and put three praises to every complaint I give to God or others. It really puts things in perspective. We are truly blessed!